Wednesday 28 December 2011

Coffee Culture

When you find yourself a decent little coffee shop, you stick to it. You commit to income sharing so that it never ever closes. You don’t tell too many people about it, for fear it may become too popular and you lose your place in the queue (and here I am blogging about it!).

I found such a place conveniently located around the corner from my home.

The Little Marionette Cafe is run by a group of gorgeous young people who have a passion for coffee and great service. What first drew me to this coffee shop was not just the convenience of location but also the atmosphere. The tables are a little small, but an inner city terrace doesn’t allow for a dining tables and there is a lovely little room hidden behind a secret bookshelf that I have come to claim as my own. Chesterfield couches are guarded by kitsch deer heads and vintage mirrors.  

I’m bold enough to say its the best coffee in Sydney, I come here every morning for my fix. They roast their own, so while you drink you also get the heady aromas of Guatemalan, Ethiopian and every other type of great coffee you can think of.

What makes this place truly amazing is the staff. Walking in and finding a seat, you are greeted with friendly, funny and genuinely interested people. They remember your name, your coffee of choice and always ask about your day. In the 18months I have been coming here (every morning except on my travel trips) I have never encountered a rude tone.

This is a novelty in Sydney coffee shops. I think I will continue to income share until my retirement.



http://www.lilm.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment