Wednesday 11 January 2012

Making the call......



There are certain organisations I try to avoid contact with because I know that as soon as I make the phone call, it will require hours of therapy afterwards. At the very least a debrief to vent.  

Without mentioning the various companies, think tax, banking, superannuation, public healthcare and family benefit organisations. Makes you shudder at the thought of the phone call doesn’t it. If I ever find myself in need of making a call to these companies, I prepare myself well in advance with a bathroom visit, a glass of water and a comfy cushion.

As I am currently working as a contractor I had to supply various details to my new company including my superannuation number. This can be easily found on a piece of paper somewhere in my house if I had a few hours to spare or the inclination to search, and I could also call my old company and ask the friendly ladies in payroll for it. Or I could call the company which seemed the most logical thing to do. I procrastinated on this one because the thought of spending an hour on the phone listening to Enya was not an attractive one, but it was a nicer thought than begging the payroll ladies.

As it turns out, there was no pain in this phone call at all!

Not only was my call answered within 2 minutes by a real person (yes, they do exist), she was friendly, polite and able to help me. She didn’t make me feel like a burden to her day and there was no Enya on the hold music. Her language was positive and I could tell she was smiling while talking to me.

Thank you Cathy from BT Financial for restoring my faith in customer service in financial institutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment